Maple Leafs' Zach Hyman needs surgery for torn knee ligament
- Seattle close to naming Ron Francis GM
- Blackhawks trade F Anisimov to Senators
- Caps re-sign F Vrana to 2-year deal
- Wild re-sign Donato, Sturm, Soucy
- D Del Zotto back to Ducks on 1-year deal
TORONTO (AP) Toronto Maple Leafs forward Zach Hyman has a torn knee ligament and is expected to miss a minimum of six months.
The team said Thursday he injured his anterior cruciate ligament during a playoff loss to Boston and will have surgery Monday.
The 26-year-old Hyman set career highs in goals (21) and points (41) this season. He had one goal during the seven-game playoff loss to the Bruins.
He has 115 points in 251 career NHL games.
Updated April 25, 2019