Umpire leaves early in Indians-Tigers game
- Yanks race by Rockies for 5th win in row
- Alonso hits 33rd as Mets stop Giants
- Báez, bullpen lead Cubs over Padres
- Tribe host KC aiming for 7th win in row
- Soroka faces Nats, looks to move to 11-1
DETROIT (AP) Friday night's game between the Detroit Tigers and Cleveland Indians is being handled by three umpires after Jim Wolf left in the first inning.
Wolf, brother of former big league pitcher Randy Wolf, was the third base umpire. There was no immediate announcement of why he left the game.
Dan Iassogna remained behind the plate following Wolf's departure. Manny Gonzalez and Sam Holbrook handled the infield.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 14, 2019