Twins trade reliever Curtiss to Angels for minor leaguer
- Judge hurts oblique, likely headed to IL
- Mets' deGrom throws, may not need MRI
- Yelich homers twice, Brewers top Dodgers
- Pujols ties Ruth with 1,992nd career RBI
- Red Sox beat Rays for first series win
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Twins have traded reliever John Curtiss to the Los Angeles Angels for minor league infielder Daniel Ozoria.
Curtiss pitched in 17 games for the Twins over the past two seasons, going 0-1 with a 7.20 ERA in 15 innings. He walked six and struck out 17. The right-hander was designated for assignment Monday to make room for pitcher Blake Parker.
The 18-year-old Ozoria played for two rookie-level teams last season, batting a combined .195 with 12 RBIs in 51 games.
Minnesota announced the deal Tuesday night.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 16, 2019