Lindor, Indians reach deal for $10.55M; Bauer swaps figures
- LHP Gonzalez, Brewers agree to $2M deal
- Indians' Carrasco fine after hurting leg
- Sabathia, Pujols set to chase milestones
- Rockies INF Murphy reinstated from IL
- MLB reviewing Harper's clash with umpire
CLEVELAND (AP) All-Star shortstop Francisco Lindor and the Cleveland Indians have reached agreement at $10.55 million for a 2019 contract, a huge raise over the $643,200 he made last year.
The deal came before arbitration-eligible players were set to exchange salary figures Friday.
The 25-year-old Lindor hit .277 with 38 home runs and 92 RBIs last season for the AL Central champions. He has been an All-Star in all three of his full seasons in the majors.
Pitcher Trevor Bauer swapped salary numbers with the Indians. The 27-year-old righty who went 12-6 with a 2.21 ERA asked for $13 million and the team offered $11 million.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 11, 2019