Marlins, Realmuto avoid arbitration with $5.9 million deal
- Walker's HR helps Arizona sweep Braves
- Montas sharp, A's end Astros' run at 10
- Braves closer Vizcaino done for season
- Benches clear as Royals beat White Sox
- Carrasco Ks 12, Indians cap sweep of M's
MIAMI (AP) The Miami Marlins avoided arbitration with J.T. Realmuto by agreeing to a $5.9 million deal with the All-Star catcher, who has been mentioned in numerous trade scenarios this offseason.
Realmuto hit .277 with 21 homers and 74 RBIs last season, when he made $2.9 million.
The deal reached Friday includes bonuses of $50,000 each for All-Star selection, Gold Glove Award and Silver Slugger Award.
The 27-year-old made his first All-Star team and won his first Silver Slugger Award in 2018.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 11, 2019