Marlins, Realmuto avoid arbitration with $5.9 million deal
- Mets ace deGrom to IL, will have MRI
- KC's Keller, ChiSox's Anderson suspended
- Red Sox trade C Swihart to Diamondbacks
- Lindor's return to Tribe delayed by rain
- Jays' Guerrero says he's ready for call
MIAMI (AP) The Miami Marlins avoided arbitration with J.T. Realmuto by agreeing to a $5.9 million deal with the All-Star catcher, who has been mentioned in numerous trade scenarios this offseason.
Realmuto hit .277 with 21 homers and 74 RBIs last season, when he made $2.9 million.
The deal reached Friday includes bonuses of $50,000 each for All-Star selection, Gold Glove Award and Silver Slugger Award.
The 27-year-old made his first All-Star team and won his first Silver Slugger Award in 2018.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 11, 2019