Indians complete trade with Nats, get minor league infielder
- Jays' Guerrero Jr. to make debut Friday
- Ohtani faces live pitching, nears return
- Hoskins takes slow trot on HR off Rhame
- Verlander again shines, Astros top Twins
- Baez, Heyward HRs help Cubs edge Dodgers
CLEVELAND (AP) The Indians have acquired infielder Andruw Monasterio from Washington to complete the trade that sent All-Star catcher Yan Gomes to the Nationals.
Cleveland dealt Gomes last month for a package that included right-hander Jefry Rodriguez, outfielder Daniel Johnston and a player to be named, who turned to be Monasterio.
The 21-year-old began last season in the Chicago Cubs organization before he was traded to the Nationals on July 31. He batted a combined .267 with three homers and 36 RBIs in 122 games.
He played second base, shortstop and third base. Monasterio signed with the Cubs as a 17-year-old in 2014.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated December 17, 2018