Brewers get durable lefty reliever Claudio from Rangers
- Mets ace deGrom to IL, will have MRI
- KC's Keller, ChiSox's Anderson suspended
- Hernandez's HR pushes Dodgers' run to 6
- Rockies' Blackmon has walkoff HR in 12th
- Struggling Red Sox beat MLB-best Rays
LAS VEGAS (AP) The Milwaukee Brewers have added another reliever to their strong bullpen, getting durable left-hander Alex Claudio from the Texas Rangers for a draft pick.
The NL Central champion Brewers made the trade Thursday at the winter meetings.
Claudio was 4-2 with a 4.48 ERA and one save in 65 relief appearances and one start this year. He has a 13-6 record with 12 saves and a 3.20 ERA in 206 relief appearances and two starts in five big league seasons.
The 26-year-old Claudio is eligible for salary arbitration for the first time this winter.
The draft pick is in competitive balance round A, currently projected to be No. 40 overall.
Updated December 13, 2018