Dodgers' Joc Pederson becomes a dad in midst of NLCS
- MLB reviewing Harper's clash with umpire
- Carrasco hurt in Indians' loss to Miami
- Wheeler homers, Ks 11 as Mets rout Phils
- Voit hits 2 HRs, Yanks win 5th straight
- Sale remains winless, Tigers sweep DH
LOS ANGELES (AP) Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson has a roster addition to his family following the birth of his first child.
Pederson and wife Kelsey welcomed a girl named Poppy on Sunday night. The team says she weighs 7 pounds and 11 ounces.
The 26-year-old slugger changed his walkup music ahead of Game 3 of the NL Championship Series on Monday night to "Big Poppa" by The Notorious B.I.G. in honor of his daughter. Pederson was batting leadoff for the Dodgers against the Brewers.
Pederson posted a photo of his baby yawning and wearing a tag reading "Hello my name is Poppy" on his Instagram account.
The couple wed in January.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 15, 2018