Dodgers hire former pitcher Mark Prior as bullpen coach
- Dodgers' Kershaw shut down due to arm
- Twins sign UT Gonzalez for 2 years, $21M
- Yankees, Machado never talked dollars
- Padres not ruling out more big signings
- Mets: MRI of Lowrie's sore knee negative
LOS ANGELES (AP) Former All-Star Mark Prior has joined the Los Angeles Dodgers as bullpen coach.
He spent the last four years with the Padres, first as a baseball operations assistant and then as their minor league pitching coordinator. Prior was drafted by the Cubs out of USC in 2001. Plagued by injuries, he had a 42-29 career mark and a 3.51 ERA.
Other additions to manager Dave Roberts' staff announced Thursday are: Danny Lehmann as game planning-communications coach; and Brant Brown and Luis Ortiz as assistant hitting coaches.
Returning to the staff are: pitching coach Rick Honeycutt, bench coach Bob Geren, hitting coach Turner Ward, first base coach George Lombard and third base coach Chris Woodward.
Updated January 4, 2018