Dodgers hire former pitcher Mark Prior as bullpen coach
- Drury to Yanks, Souza to D-backs in deal
- MLB: Managers must change P on 7th visit
- Mattingly to Harper: Focus on own team
- Players to honor Fla. shooting victims
- Nats' Murphy may not be ready for opener
LOS ANGELES (AP) Former All-Star Mark Prior has joined the Los Angeles Dodgers as bullpen coach.
He spent the last four years with the Padres, first as a baseball operations assistant and then as their minor league pitching coordinator. Prior was drafted by the Cubs out of USC in 2001. Plagued by injuries, he had a 42-29 career mark and a 3.51 ERA.
Other additions to manager Dave Roberts' staff announced Thursday are: Danny Lehmann as game planning-communications coach; and Brant Brown and Luis Ortiz as assistant hitting coaches.
Returning to the staff are: pitching coach Rick Honeycutt, bench coach Bob Geren, hitting coach Turner Ward, first base coach George Lombard and third base coach Chris Woodward.
Updated January 4, 2018