Colombian soccer player Leidy Asprilla found dead
European Football Headlines
- Swiss attorney general recused from FIFA investigation
- The Latest: Platini in custody under 'garde a vue' procedure
- Former France soccer great arrested in 2022 World Cup probe
- Borussia Dortmund coach Lucien Favre extends contract
- FIFA says wrong to stop Iran activists in World Cup stadiums
- Chile begins Copa America title defense with win over Japan
- For US men, Gold Cup finally brings chance for revival
- Norway knocks South Korea out of World Cup with 2-1 victory
- Brazil not eager to advance by settling for a draw
- France goes 3-0 at World Cup with 1-0 win over Nigeria
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) Police say Colombian soccer player Leidy Asprilla has been found dead, several days after she was reported missing.
Police said the striker's body was found Wednesday on a road next to a motorcycle in Valle del Cauca region in southwestern Colombia. Prosecutors said the cause of death had yet to be determined.
The 22-year-old Asprilla played for Colombia at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016. Her club team was Orsomarso, which is based in the Valle del Cauca city of Palmira.
Her family had reported her missing on Sunday after she left her home in the village of El Cerrito to pick up a friend for a training session.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 23, 2019