US to host Cuba on Oct. 11, Canada on Nov. 15
European Football Headlines
- French veteran Mombaerts takes over as Melbourne City coach
- Video review creates drama at Women's World Cup
- Trump calls out Rapinoe for comments about White House visit
- FIFA opens disciplinary case vs Cameroon over WWCup behavior
- Investment pays off as Europe dominates Women's World Cup
- Argentina hints at more changes for Copa America quarters
- Column: World Cup is huge fun, but what about other 4 years?
- Egypt's Warda sent home for breach of discipline
- Nigeria 1st team through to round of 16 at African Cup
- Russia to allow more foreigners on soccer field
MIAMI (AP) The United States will host Cuba on Oct. 11 and Canada on Nov. 15 in the first CONCACAF Nations League.
CONCACAF said Tuesday that the Americans, seeded in Group A, will play at Canada on Oct. 15 and at Cuba on Nov. 19.
Sites have not been determined.
Other Nations League groups are:
B - Bermuda, Mexico, Panama
C - Martinique, Honduras, Trinidad and Tobago
D - Costa Rica, Curacao, Haiti
The top team in each League A group advances to the semifinals in March, and the last-place team is relegated to League B.
The U.S. intends to play exhibitions on the September FIFA dates for national teams.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 21, 2019