Chelsea moves into top 4 after draw with Burnley
European Football Headlines
- Pochettino's joke falls flat at Real Madrid
- Goulart returns to Guangzhou Evergrande after 4 months away
- FIFA bans South Sudanese official for taking soccer money
- Belgian runner-up Brugge lures coach from title-winning Genk
- Bayern's history meets upstart Leipzig in German Cup final
- Lampard, Terry subplot in world's most lucrative soccer game
- Marcello Lippi returns for second stint as China head coach
- Union Berlin draws 2-2 at Stuttgart in Bundesliga playoff
- USSF, promoter clash in court over international matches
- Colombian soccer player Leidy Asprilla found dead
LONDON (AP) Chelsea moved into the Premier League's top four on Monday with a frustrating 2-2 draw with Burnley.
Goals two minutes apart from N'Golo Kante and Gonzalo Higuain put Chelsea on top at Stamford Bridge after Jeff Hendrick had given Burnley an early lead.
But Ashley Barnes pulled the visitors even in the 24th minute and Chelsea was unable to get the winner despite dominating possession and finishing with 22 shots.
Chelsea moves into the final Champions League qualifying spot, one point above Arsenal and three ahead of Manchester United, but has played one game more.
Burnley, meanwhile, all but guaranteed its Premier League status for another season.
The Clarets are nine points above Cardiff in the final relegation place with three games left and have a far superior goal difference.
More AP English soccer: https://apnews/com/PremierLeague and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 22, 2019