Fulham gets its 1st away win this season in Premier League
European Football Headlines
- Timing right for France to make impression on big stage
- Rapinoe kicks FIFA, says women's soccer not treated equally
- US loses Under-20 World Cup opener 2-1 to Ukraine
- Monaco stays up despite final-day defeat at Nice
- Sinclair says she's been waiting for this Canadian team
- US faces greater challenges this time around at World Cup
- Messi: Barca must say sorry for Liverpool defeat
- FIFA restoring 'corruption' to ethics code after criticism
- Pochettino's joke falls flat at Real Madrid
- Goulart returns to Guangzhou Evergrande after 4 months away
BOURNEMOUTH, England (AP) Already relegated Fulham won its first away match of the Premier League season by overcoming Bournemouth 1-0 on Saturday.
Aleksandar Mitrovic scored a penalty eight minutes into the second half after being brought down by Jack Simpson, ending a goal drought stretching back to January.
It handed Scott Parker a second victory as caretaker Fulham manager after starting with five successive losses leading the 19th-placed team.
But it meant Eddie Howe lost his 500th match in charge of mid-table Bournemouth.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 20, 2019