Hwang scores first MLS goal, Whitecaps beat LAFC 1-0
European Football Headlines
- Union Berlin draws 2-2 at Stuttgart in Bundesliga playoff
- USSF, promoter clash in court over international matches
- Colombian soccer player Leidy Asprilla found dead
- Former youth coach found guilty of 45 charges of sex abuse
- In Serie A, 4 teams fight for 2 Champions League places
- Saudis, Bahrain, UAE join to bid for FIFA's U-20 World Cup
- Putin awards medal to FIFA president Infantino
- Seeking more respect, superstar Hegerberg out of World Cup
- PSG president targeted by French corruption probe
- Brazilian player Nikao targeted with racist slurs
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Hwang Inbeom scored his first MLS goal to help Vancouver beat Los Angeles FC 1-0 on Wednesday night, the Whitecaps' first victory of the season and the California club's first loss.
Hwang scored in the 27th minute after Vancouver winger Victory Giro popped a shot off the post. The rebound ricocheted to Hwang and the 22-year-old South Korean midfielder took a quick shot that sailed low past goalkeeper Tyler Miller.
Maxime Crepeau made four saves for the Whitecaps (1-4-2).
Los Angeles (6-1-1) had won four in a row.
Updated April 18, 2019