Man United set for promotion to Women's Super League
European Football Headlines
- Union Berlin draws 2-2 at Stuttgart in Bundesliga playoff
- USSF, promoter clash in court over international matches
- Colombian soccer player Leidy Asprilla found dead
- Former youth coach found guilty of 45 charges of sex abuse
- In Serie A, 4 teams fight for 2 Champions League places
- Saudis, Bahrain, UAE join to bid for FIFA's U-20 World Cup
- Putin awards medal to FIFA president Infantino
- Seeking more respect, superstar Hegerberg out of World Cup
- PSG president targeted by French corruption probe
- Brazilian player Nikao targeted with racist slurs
MANCHESTER, England (AP) Manchester United is set to play in the Women's Super League next season after securing promotion by beating Aston Villa 5-0 on Wednesday.
Casey Stoney's side is seven points clear at the top of the Women's Championship with three games to go in its debut campaign.
Millie Turner, Alex Greenwood and Jess Sigsworth scored in the first half before Ella Toone and Charlie Devlin netted after the break.
United's promotion still has to be ratified by the English Football Association, with the club expected to meet the licensing criteria.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 17, 2019