Eibar defeats Espanyol 3-0 to end winless streak in La Liga
European Football Headlines
- Juventus' failure linked to Italy's 'catenaccio' past
- Asian soccer candidate files complaint about Kuwaiti sheikh
- Liverpool beats Porto again, returns to CL semifinals
- Hwang scores first MLS goal, Whitecaps beat LAFC 1-0
- Tottenham stuns Man City to reach Champions League semis
- Man United set for promotion to Women's Super League
- Lazio revives Champions League chances with win over Udinese
- PSG again fails to clinch title after losing 3-2 at Nantes
- Cyprus police investigates second-division match-fixing
- Man arrested by police investigating Barton incident
MADRID (AP) Eibar routed Espanyol 3-0 to end a seven-match winless streak and move further away from the relegation zone in the Spanish league on Monday.
Sergi Enrich scored in the first half, and Pablo De Blasis and Charles added a goal each in the second to give the hosts their first win since November when they defeated Real Madrid 3-0 at home.
The victory moved Eibar from 16th to 11th in the league, five points clear from the relegation zone after 20 matches.
Espanyol, which has won only one of its last nine league matches, dropped to 13th ahead of its home game against third-place Real Madrid on Sunday.
Eibar visits Leganes on Saturday.
Barcelona has a five-point lead over second-placed Atletico Madrid.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 21, 2019