Eibar defeats Espanyol 3-0 to end winless streak in La Liga
European Football Headlines
- CSKA's Dzagoev undergoes right knee ligament op
- Ronaldo's opponents triumphant in his return to Madrid
- Scottish soccer leaders hold talks over fan misbehavior
- Title hopes on the line for Dortmund as Leverkusen visits
- Midfielder Lassana Diarra leaves PSG by mutual consent
- Kane back earlier than expected from injury for Tottenham
- PSG signs new sponsorship deal with Accor hotel group
- A captain without the armband, Herrera key to United revival
- Australian soccer says no inquiry into firing of Stajcic
- Ronaldo held scoreless in Madrid as Atletico beats Juventus
MADRID (AP) Eibar routed Espanyol 3-0 to end a seven-match winless streak and move further away from the relegation zone in the Spanish league on Monday.
Sergi Enrich scored in the first half, and Pablo De Blasis and Charles added a goal each in the second to give the hosts their first win since November when they defeated Real Madrid 3-0 at home.
The victory moved Eibar from 16th to 11th in the league, five points clear from the relegation zone after 20 matches.
Espanyol, which has won only one of its last nine league matches, dropped to 13th ahead of its home game against third-place Real Madrid on Sunday.
Eibar visits Leganes on Saturday.
Barcelona has a five-point lead over second-placed Atletico Madrid.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 21, 2019