Arsenal's head of recruitment leaves club after 1 year
European Football Headlines
- Robbie Fowler to coach Brisbane in A-League
- Manchester City-Manchester United Preview
- Chelsea moves into top 4 after draw with Burnley
- Arsenal-Wolverhampton Preview
- Atalanta into Champions League contention with win at Napoli
- Promotor sues USSF over proposed Ecuador match in Florida
- Backed by Russian billionaire, Greek city celebrates title
- Ronaldo becomes first player to win Europe's top 3 leagues
- Barcelona fans still upset with Coutinho
- Vela, LAFC hand Sounders first loss of season, 4-1
LONDON (AP) Arsenal's head of recruitment is leaving the Premier League club after barely a year in the job.
Sven Mislintat joined Arsenal in December 2017 from Borussia Dortmund but Arsenal says he will be leaving on Feb. 8.
Arsenal did not provide a reason for his departure, with Mislintat saying he is "looking forward to new challenges."
The biggest deal Mislintat oversaw was Arsenal breaking its club record to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund a year ago for 63.75 million euros (then $80 million).
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 21, 2019