Arsenal's head of recruitment leaves club after 1 year
European Football Headlines
- Striker Fredy Montero returning to Vancouver Whitecaps
- Juventus beats Frosinone 3-0 to go 14 points clear
- Brazil to play Panama in friendly at Porto
- Charles nets 2, Eibar fights back for 2-2 draw with Getafe
- Lyon warms up for Barca with 2-1 win over Guingamp in France
- Watford beats QPR to reach FA Cup quarterfinals
- Bayern survives Augsburg scare to close gap in Bundesliga
- FIFA transfer reforms target $400M for lower-tier clubs
- Galatasaray scores win over UEFA in finance monitoring case
- UEFA charges Valencia's Kondogbia for deliberate yellow card
LONDON (AP) Arsenal's head of recruitment is leaving the Premier League club after barely a year in the job.
Sven Mislintat joined Arsenal in December 2017 from Borussia Dortmund but Arsenal says he will be leaving on Feb. 8.
Arsenal did not provide a reason for his departure, with Mislintat saying he is "looking forward to new challenges."
The biggest deal Mislintat oversaw was Arsenal breaking its club record to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund a year ago for 63.75 million euros (then $80 million).
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 21, 2019