Dembele hurts leg in Barcelona victory
European Football Headlines
- Soccer players launch social media boycott over racial abuse
- Pochettino closer to collecting trophy not just plaudits
- US to play exhibition vs Venezuela on June 9 in Cincinnati
- Juventus' failure linked to Italy's 'catenaccio' past
- Video shows Lazio fans' racist chants aimed at Bakayoko
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Wolverhampton Preview
- Watford-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Fulham-Bournemouth Preview
- Coach fighting leukemia puts Sevilla back on track in Spain
- Asian soccer candidate files complaint about Kuwaiti sheikh
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) Ousmane Dembele injured his left leg during the second half of Barcelona's 3-1 win over Leganes in the Spanish league on Sunday.
The 21-year-old France forward slipped while trying to dribble past an opponent, causing him to fall back on his own leg.
After being attended to by team doctors he limped off and was substituted.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde says it seemed his player had "slightly twisted" his ankle, but more tests are planned on Monday.
Dembele scored Barcelona's opening goal, taking his tally to 13 goals in all competitions this season as he excels as a strike partner to Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 20, 2019