Dembele hurts leg in Barcelona victory
European Football Headlines
- Spain wants 'final four' format for its Super Cup
- Jurgen Klinsmann received $3.35M settlement from USSF
- Man United defeats Chelsea, advances to FA Cup quarterfinals
- Athletic keeps momentum, beats Huesca 1-0 in Spanish league
- Pro Piacenza kicked out of Serie C after 20-0 loss
- Dortmund sees league lead shrink after 3rd consecutive draw
- Roma far from convincing in 2-1 win over Bologna in Serie A
- Apollon awarded win by Cyprus FA due to ineligible player
- EFL fines Leeds after Bielsa admits to spying on training
- Dortmund's Pulisic out with thigh injury from Tottenham loss
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) Ousmane Dembele injured his left leg during the second half of Barcelona's 3-1 win over Leganes in the Spanish league on Sunday.
The 21-year-old France forward slipped while trying to dribble past an opponent, causing him to fall back on his own leg.
After being attended to by team doctors he limped off and was substituted.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde says it seemed his player had "slightly twisted" his ankle, but more tests are planned on Monday.
Dembele scored Barcelona's opening goal, taking his tally to 13 goals in all competitions this season as he excels as a strike partner to Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 20, 2019