Alexander-Arnold commits to Liverpool with new contract
European Football Headlines
- Long scores quickest Premier League goal at 7.69 seconds
- Promotor sues USSF over proposed Ecuador match in Florida
- US forward Altidore sidelined with hamstring injury
- Melbourne eliminated after draw in Asian Champions League
- European Cup-winning Celtic captain Billy McNeill dies at 79
- Robbie Fowler to coach Brisbane in A-League
- Manchester City-Manchester United Preview
- Chelsea moves into top 4 after draw with Burnley
- Arsenal-Wolverhampton Preview
- Atalanta into Champions League contention with win at Napoli
LIVERPOOL, England (AP) Liverpool and England defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has signed a new long-term contract with the Premier League leaders.
The deal ties Alexander-Arnold to Liverpool until 2024, according to media reports, reflecting the progress the 20-year-old has made since his last contract in 2017.
"There was no doubt in my mind to sign and extend the years I have with the club," Alexander-Arnold told the club's website. "Hopefully we can achieve a lot of success in those years."
Alexander-Arnold has established himself as Liverpool's first-choice right-back since making his debut in 2016 - with 67 appearances so far - and played for England at the World Cup last year.
Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp said: "As a player for LFC he is the embodiment of the sentiment `We're never gonna stop."
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 19, 2019