Alexander-Arnold commits to Liverpool with new contract
European Football Headlines
- Harry Kane starts for Tottenham in return from injury
- Jo leads Nagoya to 4-0 win in opening round of J-League
- Lille held 1-1 at Strasbourg in French League
- FIFA strips Peru of U17 World Cup hosting rights
- Piatek scores again as AC Milan beats Empoli 3-0 in Serie A
- EPL's delay introducing VAR helps West Ham defeat Fulham
- Dubious Hernandez goal helps West Ham beat Fulham 3-1
- Espanyol draws 1-1 with last-place Huesca in Spanish league
- Deulofeu hat-trick leads Watford to 5-1 rout of Cardiff
- Dubious Hernandez goal helps West Ham sink Fulham 3-1
LIVERPOOL, England (AP) Liverpool and England defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has signed a new long-term contract with the Premier League leaders.
The deal ties Alexander-Arnold to Liverpool until 2024, according to media reports, reflecting the progress the 20-year-old has made since his last contract in 2017.
"There was no doubt in my mind to sign and extend the years I have with the club," Alexander-Arnold told the club's website. "Hopefully we can achieve a lot of success in those years."
Alexander-Arnold has established himself as Liverpool's first-choice right-back since making his debut in 2016 - with 67 appearances so far - and played for England at the World Cup last year.
Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp said: "As a player for LFC he is the embodiment of the sentiment `We're never gonna stop."
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 19, 2019