Lille beats Amiens 2-1 to consolidate 2nd place behind PSG
European Football Headlines
- Lille held 1-1 at Strasbourg in French League
- FIFA strips Peru of U17 World Cup hosting rights
- Piatek scores again as AC Milan beats Empoli 3-0 in Serie A
- EPL's delay introducing VAR helps West Ham defeat Fulham
- Dubious Hernandez goal helps West Ham beat Fulham 3-1
- Espanyol draws 1-1 with last-place Huesca in Spanish league
- Deulofeu hat-trick leads Watford to 5-1 rout of Cardiff
- Dubious Hernandez goal helps West Ham sink Fulham 3-1
- Bremen's European hopes hit by 1-1 draw with Stuttgart
- Brazil adopts VAR in top-flight matches
LILLE, France (AP) Lille substitute Xeka scored late on to clinch a 2-1 win over Amiens on Friday that consolidated second place behind Paris Saint-Germain in the French league.
The Portuguese midfielder netted in the 85th minute to cancel out compatriot Rafael Leao's equalizer in first-half injury time for the relegation-threatened visitors.
Nicolas Pepe had earlier missed a penalty for Lille, which went ahead through Juan Ferney Otero in the fifth minute.
Lille moved 10 points behind PSG, which has played three games fewer. The league leader hosts bottom side Guingamp on Saturday.
Fourth from bottom Amiens remained one point above Dijon having played two games more.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 18, 2019