Lille beats Amiens 2-1 to consolidate 2nd place behind PSG
European Football Headlines
- Long scores quickest Premier League goal at 7.69 seconds
- Promotor sues USSF over proposed Ecuador match in Florida
- US forward Altidore sidelined with hamstring injury
- Melbourne eliminated after draw in Asian Champions League
- European Cup-winning Celtic captain Billy McNeill dies at 79
- Robbie Fowler to coach Brisbane in A-League
- Manchester City-Manchester United Preview
- Chelsea moves into top 4 after draw with Burnley
- Arsenal-Wolverhampton Preview
- Atalanta into Champions League contention with win at Napoli
LILLE, France (AP) Lille substitute Xeka scored late on to clinch a 2-1 win over Amiens on Friday that consolidated second place behind Paris Saint-Germain in the French league.
The Portuguese midfielder netted in the 85th minute to cancel out compatriot Rafael Leao's equalizer in first-half injury time for the relegation-threatened visitors.
Nicolas Pepe had earlier missed a penalty for Lille, which went ahead through Juan Ferney Otero in the fifth minute.
Lille moved 10 points behind PSG, which has played three games fewer. The league leader hosts bottom side Guingamp on Saturday.
Fourth from bottom Amiens remained one point above Dijon having played two games more.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 18, 2019