Barcelona to face Sevilla in Copa del Rey quarterfinals
European Football Headlines
- European Soccer Weekend: What to watch in main competitions
- Smaller Lopes is standing tall among Europe's best goalies
- Tottenham Hotspur-Burnley Preview
- Crystal Palace-Leicester City Preview
- Barcelona struggling in attack entering decisive stretch
- CSKA's Dzagoev undergoes right knee ligament op
- Ronaldo's opponents triumphant in his return to Madrid
- Scottish soccer leaders hold talks over fan misbehavior
- Title hopes on the line for Dortmund as Leverkusen visits
- Midfielder Lassana Diarra leaves PSG by mutual consent
MADRID (AP) Barcelona will face Sevilla in the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey, setting up a rematch of last year's final.
Barcelona has won the Spanish cup for the past four years. It routed Sevilla 5-0 in last year's final, and also beat Sevilla 2-0 in the 2016 final.
The draw on Friday was held minutes after the Spanish football federation announced Barcelona would stay in after avoiding a scare involving its alleged use of an ineligible player.
The judge overseeing competition disputes for the federation ruled Levante's complaint against Barcelona's lineup from their round-of-16 tie was filed after the 48-hour deadline.
Sevilla will host the first leg next week, with the return leg in Camp Nou coming one week later.
The other quarterfinal ties are Real Madrid vs. Girona, Getafe vs. Valencia and Espanyol vs. Real Betis.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 18, 2019