Sounders land new jersey sponsor in online retailer Zulily
European Football Headlines
- Clubs push for promotion-relegation in European competitions
- Bournemouth-Southampton Preview
- Milan defender Calabria to miss rest of season with injury
- Cardiff City-Fulham Preview
- Back from Time: Salah OK for Liverpool after New York trip
- Milan's struggles have even flummoxed coach Gennaro Gattuso
- Coaches in Spain under pressure as Liga nears finish
- Life after David Silva not such a harrowing prospect at City
- Italian league condemns racist chanting in Lazio's cup win
- Pogba selected in Premier League team of the season
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have a new jersey sponsor after signing a multiyear deal with online retailer Zulily.
The partnership was announced Thursday, along with Zulily's deal to be the jersey sponsor for the Seattle Reign of the NWSL.
The Sounders had been sponsored by Microsoft and Xbox since the club's inaugural season in 2009 but that partnership, which covered 10 seasons, concluded at the end of the 2018 season.
Sounders owner Adrian Hanauer said the new deal is larger in value than the one with Microsoft but declined to get into specifics. The deal with Zulily does not include pitch-naming rights, which was previously included in the deal with Microsoft.
Zulily is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Updated January 17, 2019