Garza leaves US training camp due to strained quadriceps
European Football Headlines
- Marseille wins 3-1 at Guingamp to keep pressure on Lyon
- Atletico scores late in 1-0 win over Eibar in Spanish league
- Key point for Brighton in fight for Premier League survival
- Man United seals women's 2nd-tier title in debut season
- Deulofeu double gives Watford 2-1 win at Huddersfield
- Parker gets 1st win as Fulham manager at Bournemouth
- AC Milan draws at Parma to loosen hold on CL spot
- Bayern extends lead in Bundesliga to 4 points
- Last-gasp Barnes earns Leicester 2-2 draw at West Ham in EPL
- USSF defends use of temporary grass field in Cincinnati
CHICAGO (AP) Cincinnati defender Greg Garza has left the U.S. national team training camp because of a strained quadriceps.
The U.S. Soccer Federation said Thursday that Garza will not be replaced. The roster dropped to 27 players.
The U.S. is training in Chula Vista, California, for a pair of exhibitions under new coach Gregg Berhalter. The Americans face Panama on Jan. 27 at Glendale, Arizona, and Costa Rica on Feb. 2 at San Jose, California.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 17, 2019