Garza leaves US training camp due to strained quadriceps
European Football Headlines
- VAR decision in Serie A game has double impact
- Madrid stunned by Girona, sees Barcelona increase its lead
- Emotional funeral for Sala held in his Argentine hometown
- Piatek scores 2 as Milan beats Atalanta 3-1 in Serie A
- Messi misses 1 penalty, makes another in Barcelona win
- Balotelli scores again as Marseille rises to 4th in Ligue 1
- City overcomes stubborn Newport to reach FA Cup quarters
- Pizarro nets late to become Bundesliga's oldest goal-scorer
- Striker Fredy Montero returning to Vancouver Whitecaps
- Juventus beats Frosinone 3-0 to go 14 points clear
CHICAGO (AP) Cincinnati defender Greg Garza has left the U.S. national team training camp because of a strained quadriceps.
The U.S. Soccer Federation said Thursday that Garza will not be replaced. The roster dropped to 27 players.
The U.S. is training in Chula Vista, California, for a pair of exhibitions under new coach Gregg Berhalter. The Americans face Panama on Jan. 27 at Glendale, Arizona, and Costa Rica on Feb. 2 at San Jose, California.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 17, 2019