Ian Harkes signs with 2nd-tier Dundee United in Scotland
European Football Headlines
- Wolverhampton-Bournemouth Preview
- Huddersfield Town-Newcastle United Preview
- Chelsea, Arsenal, Napoli, Inter advance in Europa League
- European Soccer Weekend: What to watch in main competitions
- Smaller Lopes is standing tall among Europe's best goalies
- Tottenham Hotspur-Burnley Preview
- Crystal Palace-Leicester City Preview
- Barcelona struggling in attack entering decisive stretch
- CSKA's Dzagoev undergoes right knee ligament op
- Ronaldo's opponents triumphant in his return to Madrid
By The Associated Press
Midfielder Ian Harkes, a son of former U.S. captain John Harkes, has left D.C. United to sign a two-year contract with Dundee United of Scotland's second-tier League Championship.
The 23-year-old won the 2016 Hermann Trophy as the top U.S. college player while at Wake Forest and spent the last two seasons with D.C. in Major League Soccer. He scored two goals with two assists.
D.C. declined his 2019 option.
Ian Harke's grandfather was born near Dundee United's Tannadice Park. Dundee United announced the deal Wednesday.
For more AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 16, 2019