Bryant, Akron to square off in 2021
- UConn heads toward independence
- Georgia dismisses key WR Holloman
- NCAA, NFL team up on player safety
- Iowa's Epenesa not focusing on '20 draft
- Grambling St. WR Clark hurt in shooting
(STATS) - Bryant is starting to like having FBS competition.
Eight months after announcing its first FBS opponent for the 2020 season, the Northeast Conference program said Thursday it will travel to Akron for a matchup on Sept. 18, 2021.
The Mid-American Conference competition adds to the previously scheduled game at Central Michigan.
Bryant, which went 6-5 last season, has a new coach in Chris Merritt.
Updated May 16, 2019