Ohio State center Michael Jordan will enter NFL draft
- Saban undergoes hip replacement surgery
- QB Mertz creating buzz at Wisconsin
- SEC teams aim to find defensive stoppers
- SEC's Sankey: Waivers cause difficulties
- Former Vols star RB Cobb dies at 50
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ohio State will lose experience and leadership on the offensive line with center Michael Jordan's decision to leave early for the NFL draft.
The 6-foot-7, 312-pound lineman announced he would forgo his senior season in a tweet on Friday, saying that "in my heart, I know I am ready for the NFL, largely because I have been coached by the very best."
After starting as a true freshman and playing two years at left guard, Jordan moved to center last season to replace All-American Billy Price.
Running back Mike Webster and defensive tackle Dre'Mont Jones have announced their early departures.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 4, 2019